blog how to, blog trick, blog tips, tutorial blog, blog hack

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pakistan vs Sri Lanka Highlights - T20 World Cup Final Highlights

Pakistan wins the 2009 ICC World Twenty20 by beating Sri Lanka with 8 wickets. Afridi done it again for Pakistan at the right time to win the T20 World Cup. It was superb performance from Pakistan in both Batting and Bowling. Pakistan won the match without any pressure.

After seeing the 2 semi finals I decided that I’ll never ever make any guesses in a T20 match. So its and all Asian final here today at the mecca of cricket, Lords. Pakistan will take on Sri Lanka who didn’t loose a single match in this entire tournament. On the other hand for Pakistan, this will the second consecutive T20 world cup final but this time they want to make sure that they go one step further. I remember at the beginning of the tournament when Wasim Akram said that Pakistan could well be the champs this time. I found no reason to support that statement. Like everyone else, I thought it could again be India’s trophy else South Africa’s. I don’t know if that statement from Wasim was a patriotic one or out of some serious calculation, Kudos to him and also Pakistan for the way it played till now. Even though I stay in India and disappointed because India is out of the tournament, I want Pakistan to win this trophy as I understand how badly the Pakistan team wants to win this trophy for their country. This would surely bring a new ray of hope for its people and unite then even more. If the opening pair of Akmal and Shahzaib Hasan can play their part, the middle order is very experienced with the lights of Shoaib Malik, Younus Khan, Afridi, Misbah etc. The bowling for Pakistan is looking in superb form with Umer Gul being in top form. And Afridi with his leg cutter is looking good to take couple of wickets at least in this match.

On the other hand, Sri Lanka was never tested in its batting order. If Pakistan can get Sanath and Dilshan out early, then it’ll be very tough for the Lankan’s to recover.

Sri Lanka Bat



Pakistan Bat


Celebrns + Post Match

0 comments:

Post a Comment